How do we collect your Personal Data?
Visiting our website
You can visit our website without telling us your identity or other information, such as your email address.
In this case, our Internet servers will extract the name of the domain from which you access the Internet, such as "aol.com" or "yahoo.com", as well as the names of the Internet sites from which you accessed our site and to which you accessed our site.
We may select third-party companies that provide services on our behalf and use this information to calculate visits, average times visited, page views, and other statistical information related to visitors to our Internet site in general. We may also use the information to monitor the operation of the site and to make it easier and more enjoyable to use.
We may compile statistics about our customers, sales, traffic and services and disclose them to third parties. However, when we disclose these statistics to third parties, we do not include any personal data that can be used to identify you.
We may require you to become a registered user in order to gain access and use other features such as the online claims service. When you become a registered member, we may collect your Personal Data when you use our website.
Using our claims service
If you use an online claims service, we may collect Personal Data from you to process your claim.
We may also collect Personal Information in other ways (such as, for example, your applications and claims, phone calls, emails, and from third parties such as witnesses and medical professionals).
Types of Personal Information We Collect
Depending on the type of insurance policy and the content of your claim, and whether you are a policyholder, insured, beneficiary, claimant, or agent, the Personal Information we collect may include the following information. See also the descriptions of the registers.
- General identification and contact information, such as name,address, e-mail and telephone contact details, gender, marital status, family situation, date and place of birth, relationship with policyholder, insured person or claimant.
- In life insurance policies, information on the death certificate, e.g. date and reason of death.
- Identification data provided by the authorities, such as a personal identity code.
- Asset and account information, such as account numbers and loan security secured loan details; income data (which we need to calculate the monthly allowance).
- Health information, including current or past health status; knowledge of injury or illness; medical procedures performed; personal lifestyles (such as smoking and alcohol consumption); knowledge of prescription drugs; as well as other medical records.
- Other sensitive information: In connection with unemployment insurance, we may receive information about your work history, the causes of unemployment and your trade union membership.
- Telephone recordings: We record telephone conversations between our insurance and claims services and you to verify your transactions. In addition, calls can be randomly recorded to develop customer service as well.
- Information related to the investigation of criminal offences, including fraud and money laundering offences.
- Other information enabling the provision of insurance and claims services, including insurance and claims numbers; the numbers of the credit covered by the insurance, information on the scope, start and end of the coverage; the cause of the incident; previous incident history; For some insurances, your position as an entrepreneur, director or shareholder, or other ownership or managerial position in the organization.
How do we use your Personal Data?
We use your personal data to:
- To process your insurance applications.
- To process your potential claims.
- To send you information about your insurance.
- To provide enhanced quality, training and safety.
- To conduct market research.
- To provide you with marketing information (including information about products and services offered by selected third parties) in accordance with your marketing preferences.
- To comply with applicable legislation and regulatory obligations.
- To demonstrate and defend our legal rights.
- To prevent, detect and investigate crimes such as fraud.
We will not share your Personal Information with any third party for any purpose other than those described above. For example, we do not sell your Personal Information to third parties who seek to market their products and services to you.
We do not intentionally provide insurance or service agreements or collect any personal information from children under the age of 18. We will endeavor to cancel the insurance or service contract, refund the premium or performance, and delete the information of individuals in cases where a parent or guardian notifies us that personal information about their children has been obtained in this context. However, some information about children may be collected and used in connection with a claim for compensation or in the provision of services, for example if it is material to the circumstances of the claim or the provision of the service and other related susceptibility.
Sharing your personal data
We may disclose the Personal Information we collect to others as described below. The parties to whom we disclose Personal Data are obliged to use the information they receive only for specified purposes. Disclosures may be made to the following third parties:
- The company that issues and signs your insurance.
- The company that reinsures your insurance contract.
- Other insurers, regulatory authorities and industrial entities or public entities.
Legal basis for using your data
We collect, use and disclose your Personal Information for the following reasons:
- Collection and use of personal data necessary for the performance of your insurance or service contract, for example, to administer your insurance policies, process claims and provide other essential services.
- To collect and use personal data necessary to enforce your insurance contract with another company in order to provide assistive services and/or to compensate you when these benefits are processed and provided through us.
- To collect and process personal data for the purposes of our legitimate interest, for example, to conduct our business, process claims, provide services, respond to inquiries, retain communications, handle complaints, enforce our terms and conditions, and investigate fraud.
- Collection, use and disclosure of personal data for the purpose of verifying sanctions.
- Disclosure of personal data for the legitimate interest of the receiving third party, such as our business partners who audit us or third parties who process claims in accordance with our insurance policies.
- Collection, use or disclosure of personal data in order to comply with legal obligations, for example, when required to do so by the legislator or an authority enforcing the law.
- In particular, we obtain your consent for direct marketing and, in some cases, for the disclosure of your Personal Data.
Security of collected information
We use strict, physical, electronic, and administrative safeguards that meet appropriate standards to prevent unauthorized or improper use of your Personal Information. Personal data can only be used by employees and service providers who need that information for legitimate business purposes in order to respond to your inquiry or request.
We use encryption and authentication tools to protect the information we collect through our website. However, e-mails outside our website cannot be protected. If you send us an email containing highly confidential information, such as a credit card number, we recommend that you contact us by phone or send it to us by registered mail.
We have put in place an appropriate procedure to identify and report any data breach within 72 hours and to resolve the breach within a reasonable timeframe.
Retention of personal data
We undertake to keep your Personal Information secure, confidential, accurate and effective during the permitted retention period.
After the retention period, your Personal Data will be anonymized or destroyed.
Your marketing preferences
To the extent permitted by law, we sometimes use or disclose your Personal Information in ways that improve and expand the services we provide to you. You may at any time choose not to have your Personal Information used for these purposes by contacting us by email (email@example.com) or telephone (+358 (0) 10 802 835).
At all times, you have the opportunity to choose not to receive any more communications from us:
- Emails: If you no longer wish to receive marketing emails, you can unsubscribe by clicking on the unsubscribe link in each email or by contacting us via the contact details listed above.
- SMS/telephony/mail: You can unsubscribe by contacting us via the contact details above.
Please note that if you unsubscribe, we will not be able to delete your Personal Data from the registers of the third parties with whom the information has already been shared. Even if you stop receiving marketing communications, we will still send you important administrative messages.
International transfers of personal data
in accordance with the level of security required by Finnish data protection legislation.
No sensitive information will be transferred outside the EEA without prior notice and without your consent.
We are not responsible for the manner in which the content, security, or information of third-party websites is collected, including those third-party websites to which links from our websites lead. You should carefully review the privacy statements of each website you visit to understand how third parties collect, use and disclose information.
Your legal rights
In accordance with data protection legislation, you have the right to:
- To receive a copy of the Personal Data we hold about you and information about how we process it;
- To request the correction of inaccurate and incorrect data and, in certain circumstances, to ask us to delete or restrict the use of your data or otherwise object to our processing of your data for direct marketing purposes for reasons specific to your situation;
- Object to the processing of your Personal Data;
- Request the modification of your Personal Data;
- Request the erasure of your Personal Data;
- To receive the Personal Data you have provided or to transfer that Personal Data to another company (transfer of data from one system to another) (in a machine-readable format) when we process it electronically based on your consent or when it is necessary for the performance of our contract. Such data may be transferred to another Controller (such as another insurer);
- Lodge a complaint with the Data Protection Ombudsman about how we process your data. Kindly visit www.tietosuoja.fi for more information on how this should be done.
- Withdraw your consent to the use of your Personal Information at any time, including your consent to direct marketing communications.
Please note that the above rights are subject to certain limitations and exceptions, which we may apply depending on the circumstances.
Data Protection Officer
Address: AXA Partners – Credit & Lifestyle Protection Attn: Janne Viitamaki, P.O. Box 67, FI-00501 Helsinki, Finland
Last updated: 21.11.2022